All week one camper has worn slippers and a snorkel in the pool. It cracks me up every time.
Camper 1: "I really miss my mom."
Camper 2: sigh "I want a hot dog."
I got a new name today...Breathy Breath. I hope that's not a hint...
This week I got to drive the short bus...twice! The first day was no problem but today I got lost. In my defense, I was at the end of the caravan and I got stuck at several red lights so I lost the other drivers and missed the turn. Oops!
We made boogers today. Basically we just died nacho cheese green and dipped pretzels in it. Ironically, these kids eat real boogers on a daily basis.
A kid pooped in the pool yesterday. Gross. Whether or not it was one of our nuggets or not remains a mystery.
To another counselor...
Camper: "Hey, come feel something."
Of course this camper was referring to the leaking water cooler.
A camper had a cookie in each hand and was switching off which one he ate from.
Me: "Double fisting your cookies?"
The kid looked very confused.
Me: "Guess what? My best friend's name is _______ too!"
Camper: "I'm your best friend?! Yay!"
We played a game involving kitty litter...
Camper: "It smells like my grandma's house!"
For snack, a camper decided to have tuna. Not the best life choice. I could smell fish on this camper and it was gross.
Camper: "Hey Steph, can I hop on you for a ride?"
Referring to a piggy back ride in the pool.
Another reason to love camp, there are so many phrases you get to say on a daily basis that you probably can't say at any other job.
1. Keep your hands out of your pants.
2. Who lost their underwear?
3. If you can sit silently for 2 minutes, everyone will get a Skittle.
No comments:
Post a Comment