Saturday, June 11, 2011

Boogers and Farts and Drool...Oh My!

Boogers:
It's amazing how many kids I catch with their fingers up their noses. Some really get in there and go at it (that's what she said).
There is one camper that always has a constant stream of boogers from his nose to the top of his lips. These boogers come in 2 forms: 1. fresh and runny 2. dry and crust. This is my least favorite camper to put sunscreen on. Without fail, this little nugget ends up in my sunscreen line everyday.

Farts:
For only being 5-7 years old, these campers have some pretty deadly gas. The worst is when they sit in your lap and you can feel the gas they pass.
On the note of them sitting on laps...the other day a kid sat on my lap and started flexing his butt cheeks. It was weird and awkward and uncomfortable and I hope it never happens again!

Drool:
Chewing with their mouths closed is not a life skill these kiddos have mastered yet. You can watch their food get chomped into pieces from start to finish. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you can see it fall out of their mouths. Or even better, they jump on your back mid-chew and some half chewed Lunchable ham and cheese falls into your hair.

Jealous of my job yet?

Camper: "Have you ever been to the fancy Mexican restaurant?"
Me: "I don't think so."
Camper: "Well its really fancy. It even has fans on the ceiling!"
Me: "Do you know what it's called?"
Camper: "Umm...Fancy Mexican Restaurant."
Me: trying not to laugh "It doesn't sound familiar. Do you know where it is?"
Camper: "Well when you get to the airport in Mexico you just drive a little then turn and turn and then it's right there."
I guess I have to go to Mexico soon and check out this fancy restaurant. Thanks to this little nugget I know exactly where it is! The description of the restaurant was even better. Apparently, the chefs throw pizza in the air and the fan cuts it.

A phrase I found myself saying too many times on Friday...
Me: "Please keep your shirt on."

No comments:

Post a Comment