Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Jump On It

Reason 76 I Love My Job: Bounce house. Yes my friends, today was bounce house day! One of my favorite pass times. And since it was at camp, you know there is some great story to go along with it. Our bounce house day was filled with 2 collapses. I'm talking the bounce house caves in, kids are screaming...something straight out of a movie. Of course, my group was one of the groups that experienced a collapse. I wish it had been filmed because it was pretty flippin hilarious. Not to worry, I came to the rescue and no one was hurt...including the bounce house.

Camper: "My baby brother is 3 inches long."

Camper: "So you're like 12 years old, right?"
Me: "Switch the numbers around."
Camper: "21?"
Me: "Yep."
Camper: "Oh...I still think 12."

Me: "Ok little nuggets, please line up."
Camper: "Hey, we aren't nuggets!"
Me: "If you are under the age of 8, you are a little nugget."
Camper: "Ohhh, well I guess you're right, I am a little nugget."

Camper: "Call me Airhead!"

After getting in trouble from me...
Camper: "You're the best teacher ever!" along with a giant hug.
Nice try buddy.

Camper: "I know what your name tag says! It says 'Lollipuff'."
Me: "You mean Steph."
Camper: "That's what I said!"

We made some sea creature puppet picture things. Anyways, the octopus they colored only had 7 legs. One camper noticed this and decided to add the 8th leg. At first glance it doesn't look like a leg, if you know what I mean.

Highlight of the day: After swimming, one camper was missing a sock. So instead of just putting on his sandals, this little camper decided to wear a sock and tennis shoe on one foot and a sandal on the other.

Phrase of the day (I said it at least 12 times): Please keep your hands out of your pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment